Here we go! Blogging for the first time, yet can not wait to see how this tool will help guide me through my schooling and ultimately my teaching career. I am an excited 22 year old who can not wait to start working in a classroom. I am finishing up my last year at the University of Iowa and will soon be on my way to become an educator.
I have been imagining myself as a teacher since I was roughly 10 years old. Although it started with playing "school" with friends and neighbors, this gradually turned into pursuing my education to be an elementary school teacher. I am specializing in language arts and reading and can only hope to impact students the way many of my teachers left a lasting impression on me.
I have 3 energetic, full of life brothers and 2 parents that have shaped me into the person I am today. Without this support system I would be lost! We grew up a very active family playing every sport imaginable, although spending a significant amount of time playing soccer.
I believe growing up in this lifestyle has lead me to another thing I am very passionate about: health. My minor here at University of Iowa is Health Promotion. I have a strong belief in the importance of living a healthy lifestyle in physical activity and healthy eating and look to promote this with the students I encounter.
This blog will serve as a tool to discuss elements of teaching practice- any joys, speedbumps, "aha" moments, frustrations, and much much more . I welcome your input and feedback as part of this narrative of teaching and learning.
I have been imagining myself as a teacher since I was roughly 10 years old. Although it started with playing "school" with friends and neighbors, this gradually turned into pursuing my education to be an elementary school teacher. I am specializing in language arts and reading and can only hope to impact students the way many of my teachers left a lasting impression on me.
I have 3 energetic, full of life brothers and 2 parents that have shaped me into the person I am today. Without this support system I would be lost! We grew up a very active family playing every sport imaginable, although spending a significant amount of time playing soccer.
I believe growing up in this lifestyle has lead me to another thing I am very passionate about: health. My minor here at University of Iowa is Health Promotion. I have a strong belief in the importance of living a healthy lifestyle in physical activity and healthy eating and look to promote this with the students I encounter.
This blog will serve as a tool to discuss elements of teaching practice- any joys, speedbumps, "aha" moments, frustrations, and much much more . I welcome your input and feedback as part of this narrative of teaching and learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment