Sunday, September 20, 2015

Ready, Set, Go

It all started as a silly assignment. One of my last semesters at the University of Iowa I had a professor who was adamant about blogging. She had a teacher blog. Her friends had teacher blogs. She believed everyone needed to have a teaching blog. An assignment in this course was for every student to… you guessed it … create a blog. Weekly we were to make a blog post about an assigned topic. This was to be an “interactive journaling experience” because we can view our classmates’ blogs where we were expected to comment and build upon their responses.

While it was in theory an awesome idea, at that time I did not have the classroom experiences to stimulate the content to write about, to me, it was just another assignment. You will notice that the first several posts of this blog were the “assignments” that were required.

Fifteen months later, here I am teaching in my very own 1st grade classroom. Every week, maybe even everyday, I still have that moment of “Wow, here I am teaching in my very own classroom and also wow I live in Texas which is very far from my home in Appleton, Wisconsin.” Although it was a lot of change, I learned a lot very quickly and have been so fortunate to have an amazing support system both at home and at school.


As these first 4 weeks of school have flown by I have had many noteworthy experiences that I really want to write down and remember. This is where that little professor from Iowa was instilled my mind to “blog about it, blog about it, blog about it.” So that is exactly what I am going to do. I am not sure how often I will get to blogging, but I want to have a place where I can come to release all my thought, ideas, rants etc… As time goes by I will learn more of the trick to blogging and making it look cutesy but for now I am all about the basics. J Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment